Hotel Union is a Prague hotel located on Ostrčilová náměstí in Nuslí, near Vyšehrad and the Congress Center, in the Prague Monument Zone.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Anna and Josef Rejzka bought land in the Nusel valley, on which they built a hotel according to the designs of architect Jaroslav Benedikt. The hotel was constructed in the art nouveau style and opened in 1910. Before opening their own hotel in Nuslí, Mr. and Mrs. Rejzka operated several businesses in Žižkov.
The hotel originally had only 8 rooms and apartments, but in 1930, the capacity was expanded to 54 rooms. In the years 1928-1930, the rondo-cubic house No. 789 was built opposite the hotel, and the project and implementation were entrusted to the architect and builder Ing. František Matějíček. This new building originally served as a guest house and expanded the capacity of the Union Hotel by offering a more affordable accommodation option for its clients. In 1959, after a long-lasting dispute, Josef Rejzek’s son, the hotel was nationalized, but it continued to be operated under the name Hotel Union.
In June 1968, Ludvík Vaculík wrote one of the important „Prague Spring“ documents, Two Thousand Words, here.
In 1991, the hotel was returned to the hands of the Rejzek family, specifically Mr. Josef Rejzek, the third successor of the hotel family. He took over the hotel in a deteriorated state, and an extensive reconstruction awaited him. In August 1992, the hotel was opened to the public again. Over the following years, a new reconstruction was carried out during operation, during which the number of rooms was increased to a total of 57, including deluxe rooms. In addition to deluxe rooms, the four-star hotel also features suites, a restaurant, and a small spa/wellness center.